Glassblowing Class: Intensive Workshop
A one weekend intensive introduction to the wondrous world of hot glass for both the curious glass enthusiast and the new glass student embarking on a serious course of glass working study. Students will complete several pieces each day. Class size for the Weekend Workshop is limited to four students to ensure one-on-one teacher-student interaction throughout the workshop.
- Introduction to glassblowing equipment.
- Safety in the hot shop.
- Teamwork in glassblowing.
- Hands-on basic skills; gathering, blowing, marvering, jacking.
- Demonstrations of relevant techniques.
- Completion of several pieces each day.
Maximum four participants per class.
Hours: Classes will run from 9:30 – 4:00 for one day if there are two participants, or both days for 4 participants. There is a break for lunch. Class may be shortened if less than four students register.
Next class: Available per your requested dates
Fee: $595 per participant, $300 non-refundable deposit required to register.